11 Journal Prompts for Change
11 Journal Prompts for Change
Each year, I find myself mesmerized by the reds, oranges, and yellows that take over the once green foliage. There's a lot to learn from trees. How they gracefully change colours, appearing even more magnificent as they do, and how they grow back, knowing the cycle of change is inevitable and forthcoming.
If you haven't guessed, fall is my favourite season. All because of the change it represents.
Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than nature.
~ F. Nietzsche
WHAT ARE JOURNAL PROMPTS?
Journal prompts are guided questions to encourage exploring new topics and reflection. Guided questions sometimes vary by specific topics such as healing, self-love or self-discovery, and in this care, gratitude. So, whether you're pursuing personal growth or development in a specific area, positivity, mindfulness or would simply enjoy writing suggestions, then journal prompts are for you! Feel free to check out our collection of prompted journals.
BENEFITS OF JOURNAL PROMPTS
Guided journal prompts are beneficial to those who want to write in a journal but aren't sure what to write about. And, they're also a great way for daily journal writers to switch it up and add something new to their journal. Maybe you're getting bored of always writing the same things in your journal and want to get creative! Here are a few benefits of journal prompts:
• Helps guide what to write about
• Offers reflection
• Takes the guess work out of writing
• New and creative entries in your journal
• Faster! If you're in a time crunch but want to write, you can simple answer one question a day
Journal Prompts for Change
1. Reflect on the past for a moment. What is a change or transition you made that positively impacted your life?
2. How has your life become more aligned because of the change?
3. What did the transition teach you about life and yourself?
4. Describe a new change you've been wanting to make in your life. (It could be starting a new hobby, reducing screen time, moving, changing careers, replacing a limiting belief, anything!)
5. What's holding you back from starting today? Are you getting in your own way?
6. Envision your life as though the change/transition has already happened. Describe what your day would look like after the change.
7. Describe how you would feel after the change.
8. What would your future self tell you as encouragement during the change?
9. How can you use the tools and resources you already have, to start today? (the first step is the scariest, but small steps are still steps!)
10. Take a step back, is there a change in your life unfolding right now that you may not even be aware of?
11. If yes, what is a positive outcome that could come from this change?
Interested in our other free journal prompts to download?
30 Journal Prompts for Beginners
30 Journal Prompts for Gratitude
30 Journal Prompts for Self Love
30 Journal Prompts for Kids
30 Journal Prompts for Parents
15 Journal Prompts for Inner Healing
And, because you’re a journal lover, don’t forget to check out our guided keepsake and self-care journals!
The Making of a Grandparent
The Making of a Strong Woman
The Making of a Teacher
The Making of a Grateful Heart (for kids)
The Making of an Entrepreneur
The Making of an Entrepreneur Boss Babe Edition
Don’t forget to Pin these for later!