15 Journal Prompts for Healing
15 Journal Prompts for Inner Healing
We’ve put together 15 Journal Prompts for Healing to encourage you to pause, look within, and create emotional healing through awareness. Whether you’re searching for inner healing from a past relationship, a limiting belief or a challenging situation, journaling can help. Writing is a wonderful tool to help release your thoughts, feelings and energy while focusing on the present moment. By asking yourself questions you can also work backwards to find patterns and where a thought or feeling began.
I hope these journal prompts help guide you on your inner healing journey and encourage more peace, joy and harmony in your life.
Whether you use one journal prompt a day, or answer all of the journal prompts in one sitting, it's completely up to you. I'm simply grateful you'll be practicing journaling to help bring mindfulness, peace and emotional healing into your day. Also, be sure to check out our guided wellness and self care journals. Happy Journaling!
WHAT ARE JOURNAL PROMPTS?
Journal prompts are guided questions to encourage exploring new topics and reflection of oneself. Guided questions sometimes vary by specific topics such as healing, self-love or self-discovery, gratitude, stress and much more. So, whether you're pursuing personal growth or development in a specific area, or would simply enjoy writing suggestions, then journal prompts are for you!
BENEFITS OF JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR INNER HEALING
Guided journal prompts are beneficial to those who want to write in a journal for healing but aren't sure what to write about. And, they're also a great way for those who keep a daily journal to switch things up and add something new to their time of reflection. Here are a few benefits of using journal prompts for inner or emotional healing:
• Helps you become aware of thoughts and feelings
• Allows you to recognize and release negative thoughts and feelings
• Increases positivity and mood
• Encourages inner peace and a feeling of well-being
BENEFITS OF JOURNALING
- Provides self-discovery, self-awareness and reflection
- Encourages creativity, positivity and mindfulness
- Provides clarity of thoughts and feelings
- Builds resilience and confidence
- Reduces stress and anxiety by keeping you in the present moment and releasing emotions or thoughts
- Can improve your sleep and overall mental wellness
HOW TO USE JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR HEALING
Whether you are entering a new chapter, or trying to overcome a difficult situation pull these journal prompts out for reflection. Answer a question and bring yourself into the present moment by acknowledging your current thoughts or emotions. Ensure you talk yourself through the feelings to further understand where they are coming from and what you need to heal from. When you know where they are coming from you have a better understanding of why and how to address them.
I hope you enjoy the 15 Days of Journal Prompts for Healing!
Be sure to Download our Printable 15 Days of Journal Prompts for Healing, write from the list below or check out any of our guided self-care journals.
1. Describe an experience or challenge you are ready to release today.
2. What thoughts, feelings or energy have you been holding on to because of this experience or challenge?
3. How does holding onto the thoughts, feelings or energy negatively impact your daily life?
3. What thoughts, feelings or energy would you like to feel instead?
4. Write out three affirmations that encourage positive feelings. Repeat them every morning or as often as you can.
5. Is there a lesson in this experience or challenge you’ve learned?
6. Is there someone you need to forgive? If yes, write them a letter explaining how you feel and that you are ready to release the thoughts or feelings.
7. Is there anything you need to forgive yourself for? If yes, write yourself a detailed and intimate letter.
8. I choose to be a warrior, and ____________________ will no longer define my story, or who I am.
9. I am not the experiences I’ve had ______________________ , I’m what I choose to be: _______________________.
10. What are three actionable steps you can take today to bring greater peace and joy into your day and life?
11. Describe yourself in five positive words.
12. I’m ready to move forward with my life because I deserve ______________________.
13. If my best friend were going through the same challenges I would tell
14. I can’t change the past, or control __________________, but I choose to ______________________________.
15. Write your future self a letter. Describe yourself and your life as you’d like it to be. How you’re feeling, how you are, how you’ve moved forward, etc.
Interested in our other free journal prompts for download?
And, because you’re a journal lover like us, don’t forget to check out our guided keepsake and self-care journals!
Don’t forget to Pin these for later!
* These journal prompts are not meant to replace therapy and professional help. If you are experiencing depression, or extreme thoughts please consult your family physician.