30 Journal Prompts for Parents
30 Days of Journal Prompts for Parents
If you're searching for journal prompts to begin writing or to switch up your daily journal, we're here to help. Whether you're searching for journal prompts for moms and dads, women, entrepreneurs, self-discovery, day-to-day or gratitude, we have many to choose from! Please check back often as we will be frequently adding more resources to help you.
Many people discard journaling because they think it takes too much time or they aren't sure what to write about. Journaling doesn't have to take hours (or even more than five minutes), and our writing prompts remove the guess work on what to write about. Journaling encourages stress relief, mindfulness, confidence building and self-care. We hope to inspire you to carve out a few minutes at the end of the day to write, reflect, learn and grow.
Our 30 Days of Journal Prompts for Parents is just that - writing prompts for moms and dads! These journal prompts are simple, direct, meaningful and help guide you on your writing journey. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs out there, and because of that we believe it should be celebrated. Enjoy these questions to reflect on your parenting journey and add to your journal!
WHAT ARE JOURNAL PROMPTS?
Journal prompts are guided questions to encourage exploring new topics and reflection of oneself. Guided questions sometimes vary by specific topics such as healing, self-love or self-discovery, and there are also questions that are unrelated. So, whether you're pursuing personal growth or development in a specific area, or would simply enjoy writing suggestions, then journal prompts are for you!
BENEFITS OF JOURNAL PROMPTS
Guided journal prompts are beneficial to those who want to write in a journal but aren't sure what to write about. And, they're also a great way for daily journal writers to switch it up and add something new to their journal. Maybe you're getting bored of always writing the same things in your journal and want to get creative! Here are a few benefits of journal prompts:
- Helps guide what to write about
- Self reflection
- Takes the guess work out of writing
- Builds confidence
- New and creative entries in your journal
- Faster! If you're in a time crunch but want to write, you can simple answer one question a day
BENEFITS OF JOURNALING
- Self-discovery and reflection
- Encourages creativity, positivity and mindfulness
- Provides clarity of thoughts and feelings
- Reduces stress and anxiety
HOW TO USE JOURNAL PROMPTS
How you decide to use journal prompts is ultimately up to you! Whether you'd like to sit and answer 20 questions all at once, or prefer to answer one question a day, it's at your discretion. For myself I enjoy answering one question a day because it allows more time for reflection in-between. To me, journaling is all about reflecting.
I hope you enjoy the 30 Days of Journal Prompts for Parents! Feel free to download the PDF version and print.
1. What is the best part of being a parent?
2. Describe your child(ren) and what makes them special.
3. What is something funny or clever your child has said lately?
4. What are your parenting goals?
5. What are you doing to achieve your parenting goals?
6. How do you recharge your mind and body?
7. What does balancing family, friends and work mean to you?
8. What is a daily challenge you face as a parent?
9. How do you overcome the daily challenge(s)?
10. What is the best and worst parenting advice you've received?
11. Is your parenting style similar to your parents? Describe.
12. Who do you confide in on your hard days?
13. What is your favourite thing to do with your child(ren)?
14. What do you want your child to remember most about their childhood?
15. What does a typical weekday and weekend look like for your family?
16. Describe the first moment you saw your child.
17. What is most rewarding about being a partner?
18. Describe the hardest stage of parenting and how you overcame it.
19. Fill in the blank: As a parent I ______________
20. What are your hopes and dreams for your child(ren)?
21. If you could give your child anything in the world what would it be?
22. List your top 3 strengths and how they positively impact your family.
23. What was your favourite and leave favourite part of pregnancy?
24. What top 3 qualities do you wish to instill in your child(ren)?
25. How do you measure the success of parenting?
26. How do you help your child problem solve?
27. How do you show your love and appreciation to your child(ren)?
28. What has your child taught you?
29. Write a letter to yourself praising your parenting journey.
30. Write a letter to your child telling them why their so incredibly special!
Check out our collection of guided journals! And, be sure to subscribe for future notifications of journal prompts, inspiration and new releases.